"Your Business is Our Business"
To advance commercial, industrial, professional domestic and global interests in Amherst County and its trade area; to increase members' presence; to be of service to members in any way we can help for "Your business is our business."
Board of Directors
Steve Bailey, President...Sweet Briar College (2013)
Linda Cocke, Vice President....WSET-TV ABC (2014)
Jeanne Vaughan, Secretary.....Old Dominion Job Corps (2015)
Chad Mooney, Treasurer.....Petty, Livingston, Dawson & Richards (2015)
Vanessa Angus, United Way of Central Virginia (2015)
Doris Bryant, Blue Ridge Realty (2013)
Teresa Crouch, Amherst County Public Schools (2013)
Pat Dreher, GLAD Manufacturing Co. (2014/2017)
Eric Johnson, Amherst County Farm Bureau (2013/2016)
Becky Lambert, Big Door Photography (2014)
Melissa Maynard, John E. Maynard Inc. (2013/2016)
Kelvin Mays, Greif Packaging (2011/2014)
Bill Tucker, Tucker Farmily Farms (2014)
Carrie Weeks, Independent Lifestyles (2015)
Frank Whitten, Whitten Monelison Chapel (2015)
Jack Hobbs, Amherst Town Manager
Claudia Tucker, Amherst County Board of Supervisors
Kim Mays, Bookkeeper
Events & Fundraising Committee ... Eric Johnson & Carrie Weeks
Finance & Administration Committee ... Chad Mooney
Government Affairs Committee ... Chad Mooney
Marketing & Advertising Committee ... Kelvin Mays
Membership Committee ... Becky Lambert & Teresa Crouch
Tourism Committee ... Doris Bryant
Nominating Committee ... Linda Cocke
The Chamber serves the needs of the business community with a part-time office staff and an all-volunteer Board of Directors. The Board of Directors welcomes suggestions, comments, input, and the synergy of the community. We look forward to working with our members who wish to have a more active role in the Chamber. If you wish to volunteer or assist with a Chamber-sponsored event, please contact the Chamber office at 434-946-0990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chamber office is located in the rear entrance of the Amherst County Museum at 154 South Main Street in Amherst. Office Hours are Tuesday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Board of Directors meets at noon on the second Wednesday of each month at the Amherst County Administration Building, Board of Education meeting room.
The Chamber also offers relocation and travel packets as well as a fully stocked brochure area just outside the Chamber office. Additional information on the County of Amherst is available at http://www.countyofamherst.com/ and for the Town of Amherst at http://www.amherstva.gov/
Amherst County Guidebook - Chamber/County/Town information distributed throughout the County for the year, usually published in July. Members can advertise at a reduced rate.
E-Newsletter "Chamber Business" - ACCC newsletter published 12 times a year
ACCC Website - http://www.amherstvachamber.com/ offers Chamber/County information, events, individual member websites.
ACCC Brochure - "Have Fun in Amherst County" filled with information on where in Amherst County to eat, where to stay, to golf, to look to antiques, plus museums and more.
Amherst County Brochures - 4-color brochures produced by Amherst County about Amherst County and 4-color brochure of Amherst County's Parks & Trails Guide.
ACCC Chamber Page in the Amherst New Era-Progress...4th week of each month, supported by Chamber member advertising.
Customer Referrals - customer-to and business-to-business referrals
Information Requests - professional-looking packets sent out upon request on ACCC membership, tourist and relocation information.
- Membership Plaque for all your customers to see that you support business in Amherst County.
- Legislative/Regulatory updates and Lobbying efforts on your behalf.
- Business Resources along with many chances to network with other businesses. (see Activities)
- Informative Workshops held throughout the year on business topics of interest.
- Virginia Travel Information - available to all in literature racks just outside the ACCC office or sent out in travel/relocation packets. Activities
- ACCC Business @ Lunches offer speakers on topics relevant to business concerns and are held during the year.
- ACCC Third Thursdays/Business After Hours are held almost monthly at local business sites to encourage networking. December offers a special holiday gathering and the annual meeting with elections and approval of budget.
- ACCC Annual Car Show & Cruise-In, held in October in Madison Heights, is a fun event bringing members and the public out to enjoy seeing and judging antique cars and trucks, family fun, hot dogs, ACCC T-shirts, and more.
- ACCC Annual Business Appreciation Awards Dinner is held in May with presentation of awards to the top businesses as voted upon by members of the community in March and judged in April.
- ACCC Annual Business & Breakfast Trade Show & Networking Breakfast to be held in the fall, 2013.
- ACCC Political Debates during election.
- ACCC Shop Locally Campaign to promote Amherst County Businesses.
- ACCC Grand Openings are held at the request of Chamber members, both new and current, for grand opening celebrations or re-openings of new or expanded businesses or new branches. ACCC handles promotion, ribbon-cutting, dignitaries while the business takes care of food and door prizes. It's a great way to get the word market to the community
The Amherst County Chamber of Commerce's 11th Annual Car Show & Cruise-In is planned for 2013!
Photos of previous Amherst County Chamber of Commerce Car Shows. See more photos.